The Computer Service Center has moved to TechCyte in the ISU Book Store and is now open! We are staffed with licensed and trained technicians that can service both Dell and Apple computers.
Computer Service helps Iowa State students, faculty, staff, and departments with a variety of computer hardware problems.
Computer Service Hours
|Mon - Fri|
|Sat - Sun||Closed|
TechCyte Service Center can help you with:
- Apple & Dell Hardware repair
- Evaluate, recommend, and install cards and drives into supported brands
- Provide computer data recovery for most computers and storage devices
Request Service - Choose One:
- Bring your equipment to the ISU Book Store, Room 1150 in the Memorial Union. The Service Center is located in TechCyte, the technology department, near the parking ramp entrance of the store. We can create an incident number on your behalf and collect the information pertinent to the repair process at time of drop off. You can also book an appointment to avoid waiting in line.
- Submit Service Request Ticket, then bring in your device to the TechCyte Service Center (Room 1150 Memorial Union) with the request number provided to drop off your device.
Personal device repairs can be billed to your U-Bill or charged to a credit card. Departmental repairs can be charged to a Worktag or with an Iowa State Purchasing Card (PCard).
|Data Recovery (not available for all devices)||$78.00/device|
|Parts||Varies by part & warranty coverage|
|On-Site Service/Standard Labor Rates||$52.00/hour|
*Cost depends on computer and warranty coverage. Diagnostic/Check-In Fee may be waived depending on warranty coverage. For machines under warranty, a standard labor rate of $52.00 applies when not covered by vendor.
**Does not include cost of parts
***Proof of ownership required and computer must be in good working order. Hourly rate if installation goes beyond one hour.