Tech CYte Service Center
The Computer Service Center has moved to Tech Cyte in the ISU Book Store and is now open! We appreciate your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time. We are currently servicing Dell computers, but are unable service Apple devices in-house. If you need service for an Apple device that is under warranty, please contact Apple directly. For out of warranty Apple devices, you can visit Ames Tech Repair in the ISU Book Store for a quote.
Computer Service helps Iowa State students, faculty, staff, and departments with a variety of computer hardware problems.
Computer Service Hours
|Mon - Fri|
|Sat - Sun||Closed|
Tech Cyte Service Center can help you with:
- Apple & Dell Hardware repair
- Evaluate, recommend, and install cards and drives into supported brands
- Provide computer data recovery for most computers and storage devices
Ames Tech Repair, our partner repair store, can help you with:
- Hardware repair for out of warranty devices and brands other than Apple & Dell.
- Repair cracked screens for phones, tablets, and computers
- For more information or to schedule a repair, visit the Ames Tech Repair website.
For individual customers (choose one):
- Bring your equipment to the ISU Book Store, Room 1150 in the Memorial Union. The Service Center is located in Tech Cyte, the technology department, near the parking ramp entrance of the store.
- Submit Service Request Ticket
For departmental clients (choose one):
- Bring the university-owned equipment to the ISU Book Store, Room 1150 in the Memorial Union.
- Request pickup using the Service Now Incident Report. Be sure to include the location of the device in the description and describe the issue.
- Request an on-site visit (for an additional fee) - call or email to request.
Personal device repairs can be billed to your U-Bill or charged to a credit card. Departmental repairs can be charged to a Worktag or with an Iowa State Purchasing Card (PCard).
Tech Cyte Service Center rates coming soon...
*Cost depends on computer and warranty coverage. For machines under warranty, a standard labor rate of $52.00 applies when not covered by vendor.
**Does not include cost of parts
***Proof of ownership required and computer must be in good working order